Tuesday, March 26, 2013

TARANGIRE

TARANGIRE National park is one of many parks in Tanzania.  It is known for its herds of Elephants, and giraffes.  Our trip to Tarangire was nothing short of amazing.

I M HERE!!!

As soon as we entered the first sighting we had was of an elephant -- or Tembaa! :) 



Yes, they walked within a few feet of our car :) 

It turned out to be a day of good luck and sunshine.  Every time I asked for an animal I received it within 5 minute of my request.  I then asked for a giraffe!!

Next on my request plate was a ostrich....PUN NOTE INTENDED> PLEEASE DO NOT EAT AN OSTRICH

Lastly, I requested that a giraffe walk across our street. Since I was pushing our luck, I tried for a simpler request of a gazelle!

This little guy below decided to join us for lunch :) 


And, the highlight of it all occurred when we were heading back and dusk set in.  We were late due to my constantly asking our guide to stop the car. oops.   As we headed back at 50-60 miles per hour, i feel my body being thrust forward.  I was awoken with a jolt to realize were were fast careening into a girraffe that had decided to take a stroll across the street.  Thankfully, we missed the giraffe by mere inches, and were in turn blessed with our best sighting of the day...

All my wishes had come true... I could not have asked for a better experience at Tarangire National Park :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment