Friday, April 12, 2013

Zanzibar Part II - Jozani Forest.

After Dolphins, we were led to this forest that was once said to cover all of Zanzibar.  It is the home to the rare, RED colobus monkey which is found nowhere else in the world.  To be honest, I’m a little bored of Monkeys.  I’ve watched them here and there SO many times --- indian temples, Lincolnpark Zoo, Costa Rica, Ecuador, etc. that I’m tired of them.  So, I suffice it to say yup, they’re there in the Jhozani forest, clearing out entire trees in the forest with their voracious appetites.  As we walked through I joked about how I didn’t want one of them to shit on me… J joked ‘’M, you’re a nut…”.  5 minutes later, as predicted, Nat and J almost got pissed on from 30 feet up by a Red Colobus Monkey.  I can’t lie, when I say I was slightly jealous it happened to them instead of me…what a story it would make to tell someone you were pissed on by a Rare, Red Colobus Monkey!  But now I’ve spent too much time talking about creatures that no longer pique my interest, so I shall move on.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment